|Chenoweth, William Douglas
Chenoweth, William Douglas 1
William married Orpha Williams, daughter of Rial Williams and Orpha Garrett, on 4 Feb 1861 in , Washington, Arkansas.1 (Orpha Williams was born on 12 Sep 1835 in , Washington, Arkansas 1 2 3 and died on 9 Sep 1925 in , , Arkansas, USA 3.)
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index(R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002), downloaded 12 Dec 2006.
2 Eddene Thompson, 1850 CENSUS OF WASHINGTON COUNTY, ARKANSAS, USA (http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ar/state/bios/surname/wash1850.txt).
Joy Hass Stefan - email@example.com, http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/WILLIAMS/2000-08/0967746059 (My oldest known WILLIAMS and descendants are:
Philemon WILLIAMS, b. ? in England?
m. Lucy GREEN
Children of Philemon WILLIAMS and Lucy GREEN:
- Rial, b. 28 Aug 1791 in TN; d. 12 Mar 1868 in Washington Co., AR; m. (1)
Orpha GARRETT; (2) Kitty (SANDERS) Phillips
- Lucy, b. 6 Oct 1792 near Nashville, TN; d. 10 Oct 1880; m. Jessee WARD
- Philemon II, b.~1800 in TN; d. 21 Mar 1846 near Dardanelle, Yell Co., AR;
m.~1838 to Eleanor WARD
Children of Rial WILLIAMS and Orpha GARRETT:
- Sena, b. 12 Feb 1818 in Franklin Co., IL; d. 14 Jun 1844; m. ? CLARK in AR
- Infant Son, b. 134 Mar 1819; d. 16 Mar 1819 in IL
- Philemon, b. 21 Mar 1820 in IL; d. 25 Nov 1862 near Hindsville, AR; m. 22
Jul 1847 in Hindsville, Madison Co., AR to Emily SHERROD
- Elizabeth, b. 11 Jan 1822 in Franklin Co., IL; d. Mar 1862; m.~1845 to
- Moses, b. 5 Oct 1825 in Franklin Co., IL; d. 11 Feb 1863 near Brayden, AR;
m. 26 Mar 1846 in AR to Charlotte SHERROD
- Nancy, b. Mar 1825 in IL; d. Sep 1825 in IL
- Lucinda "Cindy", b. 10 Dec 1825 in IL; d. 3 Jul 1907 in Goshen, AR; m. 5
1846 to John Bessie PHILLIPS
- Margaret, b. 10 Apr 1827; d. 22 Nov 1832 near Goshen, AR
- Phoebe, b. 3 Dec 1828 in Washington Co., AR; d. ?; m. 23 Jun 1838 to
- Rial, Jr., b. 26 Mar 1831 in AR; d. 3 Dec 1833 in AR
- Garrett, b. 30 Aug 1832 in AR; d. 25 Dec 1863 at Sabine Pass, TX; m. 27
1860 to Mary Abind GARNETT
- Thomas Martin, b. 17 Jan 1834 in Washington Co., AR; d. ?; m.~1852 to
- Orpha, b. 12 Sep 1835 near Goshen, AR; d. 9 Sep 1925 in Goshen, AR; m. 4
Feb 1861 to William Douglas CHENOWTH
- Robert, b. 8 Nov 1836 near Goshen, AR; d. Aug 1917; m. Caroline ?
- Green, b. 22 Jul 1838; d. 20 May 1839 at Goshen, AR
- Warren, b. 12 May 1840 near Goshen, AR; d. 18 Oct 1930 in Dallas, TX;
in Miles, TX; m.~1865 in AR to Susan W. MEADOWS
- Matilda Ann, b. 9 Feb 1843; d. 6 Sep 1880 in Goshen, AR; m.~1879 to Joseph
Children of Rial WILLIAMS and Kitty (Sanders) PHILLIPS (she brought with her
to the marriage 10 children - John Bessie PHILLIPS, m. Lucinda WILLIAMS;
George Woodward PHILLIPS, m. Margaret Ann LONG; Samuel Grover PHILLIPS, m.
Lela Elizabeth JOHNSON; Levi PHILLIPS, m. Susan H. CLARK; James B. PHILLIPS,
m. Caledonia FINE; Charles R. PHILLIPS, m. Elizabeth M. CLARK; William M.
PHILLIPS, m. Martha Ann "Mattie" DENTON; Drucilla A. PHILLIPS, m.(1) James
HENDERSON, (2) James BRAGG; Martha PHILLIPS, m. Josh ISH: Kitty Malissa
PHILLIPS, m.(1) William Y. WILKINSON, (2) William WILSON):
- Ervin Polk, b. 5 May 1847 near Goshen, AR; d. Jun 1927; m. 12 Mar 1874 in
to Bettie SHANNON
- Infant Daughter, b. & d. 12 Mar 1849
- Burton Sanders "Burt", b. 30 Sep 1851 near Goshen, AR; d. 15 Nov 1893 at
Hindsville, AR; m. 5 Feb 1878 to Sarah Ellen "Ella" GLADDEN
Adopted nephew of Kitty Sanders Phillips Williams:
- Jordan Lafayette BANKS, b. 1851; d. ?; m.~1874 to Emma J. ???
Children of Philemon WILLIAMS and EMILY SHERROD:
- Rial, b. 30 Apr 1848 in AR; d. 8 NOv 1929 in Frost, TX; m. 21 Apr 1867 in
Huntsville, AR to Mary Catherine "Kate" LANGLEY
- Moses, b. 19 Jan 1850 in AR; d. 7 May 1929; buried in Milford, TX; m.
- William, b. 18 May 1852 in AR; d. 1936 in Granfield, TX; buried in
- Margaret Alice "Allie", b. 31 Jul 1854 in AR; d. 15 Mar 1947 in Waco, TX;
James W. FARMER in AR
- John Brackenridge, b. 23 Jan 1857 in AR; d. 8 Oct 1859 in AR
- Archibald Yell, b. 28 Jul 1859 in AR; d. 15 Mar 1947 (?) in Lake Arthur,
m. 25 Nov 1886 to Martha Ann "Mattie" HARMOND
- Emily, b. 31 Mar 1862 in AR; d. 29 Jan 1959 in Rogers, AR; buried in
Frederick, OK; m. 21 Nov 1878 in Waxahachie, Ellis Co., TX to Sanford Noah
If you've made it this far, congratulations! I'd obviously like to know more
about Philemon WILLIAMS & Lucy GREEN's family.
Joy Hass Stefan :)
Not all documented as fact. Still a work in progress