EDWARD WILLIAM BLAU
JOHANN MARTIN SIEBERT
JOHANN MARTIN SIEBERT was born about 1775 at Kelbra, a village about 6 miles north of Frankenhausen. He was a Meister yarn twister (Garndreher). He married JOHANNE SOPHIE NICOLAI on August 27, 1800 in Frankenhausen. Their children were:
1. Johanna Augusta Dorothea Siebert, born July 19.1801 at 8:00 p.m. ; died August 22, 1882 at age 81.
2. Maria Friederica Siebert, born June 16,1803 at 10:00 a.m.; died September 6, 1825 at 3:00 p.m. at age 22.
3. Johanna Elisabeth Siebert, born June 16, 1803 at 10:00 a.m. At 29 she married Meister Johann Reinhold Reiffurth, barrelmaker (Bottcher), on September 12, 1832. Their children were:
a) Johann Carl Friedrich Reiffurth, born May 22, 1833 at 2:00 p.m.; died October 31, 1840 at age 7. Johann Lorenz Blau was a godparent.
4. August Julius Wilhelm Siebert, born September 3, 1807 at 9:00 a.m.; died September 29, 1807, age 3 weeks.
5. Johanna Wilhelmine Christiane Siebert, born September 3, 1807 at 9:30 a.m.; died November 24, 1807, age 2 ½ months.
6. JOHANNE CHRISTIANE SOPHIE SIEBERT, born December 3, 1809 at 7:00 a.m.; See above under Johann Lorenz Blau.
7. Johann Friedrich Siebert, born May 18, 1812 at noon. He was a Meister wood turner (Holzdrechsler). He married Catharine Marie Andra in December, 1836. Their children:
a) Johann Hermann Ernst Siebert, born February 17, 1843 at 4:00 a.m.; died October 8, 1 843 at 10:00 p.m., age 8 months. Johann Lorenz Blau was a godparent.
b) Friederike Christiane Therese Siebert, born September 23, 1844 at 2:00 a.m. Johann Lorenz Blau and Johanne Christiane Sophie Siebert Blau were godparents.
8. August Wilhelm Bernhardt Siebert, born March 19, 1818; died November 11, 1929 at 6:00 a.m.
Johanne Sophie Nicolai Siebert died April 6, 1841 at 10:00 a.m. Johann Martin Siebert preceded her in death, but his date of death was not found in the records of the church at Frankenhausen.
JOHANN DANIEL SIEBERT
JOHANN DANIEL SIEBERT, born before 1754, was a citizen and yarntwister at Kelbra. He was married twice and the children of his second marriage included:
1. JOHANN MARTIN SIEBERT, see above.
another child probably was:
2. Johann Christian Siebert, basket maker (Korbmacher). He married Marie Dorothee Bachburg. They had one child born in Frankenhausen:
a) Johann Friedrich August Siebert, born February 16, 1832 at 8:00 p.m.
JOHANN GEORG NICOLAI
JOHANN GEORG NICOLAI was born April 21, 1752 in Kindelbruck. He was a Meister bag/purse maker (Beutler). He married MARTHA JUSTINA MULLER about 1777. Their oldest daughter was:
1. JOHANNE SOPHIE NICOLAI, born March 10, 1778 in Kindelbruck. See above under Johann Martin Siebert.
Johann Georg Nicolai died on May 7, 1835 at 10:00 a.m. at age 83, in Frankenhausen of old age (Alterschwache). There is no further information on the parents of, birth of, and death of Martha Justina Muller.
CHILDREN OF GEORG SAMUEL FEST
Georg Samuel Fest was born in Beichlingen, Thuringia, on May 17, 1723. He went to nearby Grossmonra about 1746 as choirmaster (Cantor). He served as choirmaster for 18 years, then was the schoolmaster for 22 years. He married Anna Barbara Hess of Dermsdorff on February 20, 1748 in Grossmonra. She died on April 26, 1763 at age 43½. In 1764, he married Maria Elisabeth Obstfeld, a widow whose maiden name was Tümler, born in Kölleda. Their child was:
1. JOHANNE ELISABETH FESTIN, born on February 23, 1770 in Grossmonra. She married Johann Wilhelm Blaue in Frankenhausen.
Georg Samuel Fest died in Grossmonra on January 23, 1786.
CHILDREN OF JOHANN CHRISTIAN FEST
Johann Christian Fest is shown in the church records of Beichlingen, Thuringia, as the father of Georg Samuel Fest. His birth, marriage and death records have not been found. The birth record of his son Georg Samuel Fest shows Johann Christian Fest as a castle baker.
OTHER FEST FAMILIES
There are other references to Fest families in the same general area, being in Battgendorf/Ichstedt and Heldrungen. The Fest families are shown as bakers, choir masters and schoolmasters.
Information on the Fest families is from the church records of Beichlingen and Grossmonra.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids