Click to enlarge
This article reads:
Cauldwell, which now has a very small population, was once a prosperous village, and the Chapel, which was built in 1778, with seating accommodation for 100, was well attended and had a resident Pastor. In the year 1854 it was united to the Church at Burton as one of its branches, since which time the Word of God has been faithfully proclaimed Sunday by Sunday. For a number of years friends from Burton conducted services both afternoon and evening.
In 1893 a Sunday School was commenced by some of our young men; this, and a service on Sunday evenings, are being well looked after by the Home Mission Committee of our Christian Endeavour Society. The Chapel in 1888, and again in 1902, was renovated at considerable expense.
The chapel has been deconsecrated and is now a private home.
© Copyright Rita Dowse, 2004