Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

C N Wright's Directory 1874:


Cauldwell Residents

St Giles Church, Cauldwell
© Copyright Blanche Charles, 2003, 2004

CAULDWELL is a chapelry and village 5 miles from Burton-on-Trent, 2 from Gresley Railway Station, in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, union and county court district of Burton, and archdeaconry of Derby.   The church is dedicated to St Giles.   The living is annexed to Stapenhill, and in the gift of the Marquess of Anglesey.   The acreage is 1033, and the population in 1871, is about 143.   Lady Sophia DESVOEUX is lady of the manor and chief landowner.   Nearest telegraph and post town, Burton.

Cauldwell Residents

Gentry & Traders

COXON ThomasBoot Maker
GRESLEY Lady (Laura)Cauldwell Hall
PEACH JamesBaker, cottager, shopkpr, & Royal Oak
TIPPER WilliamBlacksmith

Farmers

BEARD ThomasMorriscroft
INSLEY JosephLonglands
MASON James 
PRATT Edward& landowner
STRETTON Samuel 
WHITELY John 


Top


Stapenhill 1821 Directory

Stapenhill, Cauldwell, Stanton 1827 Directory

Stapenhill 1830 Directory

Stapenhill 1835 Directory

Stapenhill 1850 Directory

Stapenhill, Cauldwell, Stanton & Newhall 1857 Directory

Stapenhill, Cauldwell, & Newhall 1860 Directory

Cauldwell 1870 Directory

Cauldwell 1891 Directory

Back to Stapenhill Resource Page


Back to Index Page

© Copyright Blanche Charles, 2004