St Giles Church, Cauldwell
© Copyright Blanche Charles, 2003, 2004
CAULDWELL is a chapelry and village, distant 5 miles from Burton-on-Trent and 2 from Gresley railway station, in the south division of the county, hundred of Repton and Gresley, union and county court district of Burton-on-Trent, Diocese of Lichfield, archdeaconry of Derby. The church is dedicated to St Giles. The living is annexed to Stapenhill, in the gift of the Marquess of Anglesea. The Rev John CLAY is the vicar. There is one small dissenting place of worship. There is a day-school for boys and girls. The acreage is 1033. The chief landowners are Lady Sophia DESVOEUX (lady of the manor), the Misses HARRIS, Mr PRATT, and Mr HOPKINS. The population is about 160. The nearest money order and telegraph office and post town is Burton-on-Trent.
|GRESLEY Lady||Cauldwell Hall|
|COXON Thomas||Boot & Shoe Maker|
|PEACH James||Grocer, Baker & Beer Retailer|
© Copyright Blanche Charles, 2004
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids