|Notes for William Kinkead|
|From Internet message posted by: Alice Gedge|
CHILD 6 William KINCAID-3650
(1) "Historical Collections of Brown County, Ohio," by Carl N. Thompson (Hammer Graphics, Piqua, OH, 1969) p.6.
(2) "History of Woodford County," by William R. Railey (Woodford Improvement League, Versailles, KY, 1968) p.70.
(3) "Adams County, Ohio Deeds, 1797-1806" (T.L.C. Genealogy, Miami Beach, FL, 1990) p.43,52,86,92,93. Cites: (a) Vol. 1,2,3, p.238,283,284. (b) Vol. 4, p.227,229,290,292,294.
(4) "Adams County, Ohio Deeds, 1806-1812" (T.L.C. Genealogy, Miami Beach, FL, 1990) p.101,143. Cites: (a) Deed Bk 6, p.421,588.
(5) "History of Adams County, Ohio," by Nelson W. Evans and Emmons B. Stivers (E.B. Stivers, West Union, OH, 1900) p.101.
(6) "Genealogies of Kentucky Families from the Register of the Kentucky Historical Society" (Genealogical Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1981) Vol. O-Y, Appendix C, p.757-761, "The Families Kinkead, Stephenson, Garrett, Martin and Dunlap," by Laura Kinkead Walton.
(7) Tax Records of Ohio 1801-1814, Auditor of State, duplicate record. Land tax for Adams Co., OH, 1809, p.19. FHL#522,842.
(8) "Deep Roots- History and Genealogy of the Kincaid-Coyle-Darnell-Lathram-Hart Families," by Sallye Lathram Hines (Lexington, KY, 1964) p.13. Cites: (a) Waddell's "Annals of Augusta County, Virginia," p.184, citing Elizabeth Shelby Kincaid, ggd/o William Kincaid.
Birth: (1,6,8a) 6 Jun 1769. (1,2,6,8a) s/o William Kinkead/Eleanor Guy. (2) VA.
Marriage to Annie Dunlap: (1) 1 Dec 1789. (6)
(1) 1780: In company with others brought a drove of sheep to Woodford Co., KY.
(1) 1781, spring: Returned to Woodford, KY with his father's family.
(1) 1790: Took a lease on Stoner Creek, Bourbon Co., KY for a term of 7 years.
(1) After remaining in Bourbon Co, for 5 years, he sold his lease, becoming dissatified with KY on account of slavery.
(1) 1796: Removed to OH with William Dunlap (age 18), settling in Brown Co. (NOTE: Brown Co. created 1818 from Adams Co. and Clermont Co.)
(5) 1801, Mar: William Kincaid and John Espy were appointed Overseers of the newly created township of Massie, Adams Co., OH. Other officers appointed included Andrew, James and Robert Moore, William Stephenson, Jeptha and Nathaniel Beasley. (NOTE: At that time, Massie Twp. included present Liberty Twp., Adams Co., and Huntington, Byrd, Jefferson, Jackson and Eagle Twp.s in Brown Co., OH.)
(3a) 1802, 1 Mar: W. Kinkead, Wm. Dunlap and Isaac Shepherd witnessed a deed from John Shepherd of Adams Co., OH to Anthony Dunlavey, Adams Co., OH.
(3a) 1802, 6 Sep: William Kinkead witnessed deeds from John and Martha Shepherd of Adams Co., OH to Isaac Shepherd and David Worstell, Adams Co., OH.
(3b) 1804, 22 Oct: William Kinkead and Alexander Campbell witnessed deeds from Alexander Dunlap of Woodford Co., KY to Mathew McClung and Jeptha Beasley, Adams Co., OH.
(3b) 1805, 28 Mar: William Kinkead of Adams Co., OH bought from Alexander Dunlap of Woodford Co., KY, for $450, 357 acres in Adams Co., OH on waters of Red Oak and Eagle Creek, part of a tract patented to Dunlap 14 May 1796, bounded by trees. Wits. Mills Stephenson, Andrew Carr. Acknowledged same date by Alex. Dunlap Sr. before Mills Stephenson, J.P., Byrd Twp., Adams Co., OH. On same date, William Kinkead witnessed deeds from Alexander Dunlap to Alexander Campbell and William Dunlap.
(1) Bought 300 acres in Harris' survey.
(4a) 1809, 7 Jul: William Kinkead of Adams Co., OH bought from Alexander Dunlap of Woodford Co., KY, for $1,000.00, 305.5 acres in Adams Co., OH on Red Oak and Eagle Creeks, patented to Dunlap 14 May 1796, and bounded by William Kinkead's survey. Wits. Eli Reeves (J.P.), Alexander Campbell.
(7) 1809: William Kinkead taxed for 575 acres, entry #2442 entered for Alexander Dunlap, Adams Co., OH. Rate 2, tax 4.31. (NOTE: Also on same page, John Kincaid in Sprigg Twp., Adams Co. This is s/o Thomas Kincaid/Mary Mackey.)
(4a) 1810, 10 Nov: William Kinkead of Adams Co., OH deeds to Mathew McClung of Adams Co., for $7, 2.5 acres in Adams Co. on Eagle Creek, patented to Alexander Dunlap 14 May 1796, bounded by the old division line between Alexander Dunlap and John Beasley. Wits. William Humphres, Alexander Campbell.
|Last Modified 27 Nov 2000||Created 20 Oct 2004 by Reunion for Macintosh|
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids