Elder J. A. Bourland, Moderator
Elder U. S. Bolton, Clerk
Friday, Before the Fourth Sunday, in August, 1914.
The introductory sermon was delivered by Elder S. L. Casteel from Hebrew 8:5.
The Association was called to order by Elder L. W. Shackelford Moderator, Prayer by Elder U. S. Bolton.
Letters were then called for from the different churches composing this association which were read and delegates names enrolled. Proceeded to elect a Moderator and Clerk; Elder J. A. Bourland was chosen Moderator and Elder U. S. Bolton Clerk.
1. Called for petitionary letters and corresponding letters. Received petitionary letter from New Bethel, Sebastian Co., Ark. Motion to appoint a committee to investigate the condition of this church, viz: — Elder U. S. Bolton, P.C. Cox, G. B. Creekmore, Charlie Thomas and S. L. Casteel and report on tomorrow.
2. Appointed committee on Bill of Arrangements, viz: — G. B. Creekmore, P. C. Cox and S. L. Casteel with Moderator and Clerk. Appointed Bros. E. B. Jones, J. S. Creekmore and D. D. Wilson a committee on Divine Services.
3. Appointed Bros. H. C. Thomas, J. S. Price and W. B. Garrett a Committee on Finance. Motion to adjourn at 9 o'clock tomorrow. Prayer by Elder P. C. Cox.
Saturday Morning, August 22, 1914
The association met pursuant to adjournment.
Prayer by Elder W. M. Mathews.
1. Called roll of delegates. Quorum present
2. Called for petitionary and corresponding letters.
3. Called for the report of committee to investigate New Bethel Church. Trouble all settled, objections withdrawn and committee recommended church be received. Committee report received and committee discharged. Moderator extended her delegates right hand of fellowship and seated with us.
4. On motion and second the Bill of Arrangements was called for, read, received and the committee was discharged.
5. On motion and second the association appointed a committee to examine the church history as written by Elder U. S. Bolton, viz: — Elders U. S. Bolton, P. C. Cox, J. A. Bourland, I. P. Moon and S. L. Casteel.
6. On motion and second the association continue Union meetings and have three in the bounds of the association. One at New Bethel, Sebastian Co., Ark., commencing on Friday before the second Sunday in August, 1915, and Elder S. L. Casteel preach the introductory sermon and Elder U. S. Bolton alternate. Second at Mt. Zion commencing on Friday before the third Sunday in August 1915, and Elder P. C. Cox preach the introductory sermon and Elder U.S. Bolton alternate. Third at Fairview, Logan Co. Ark., commencing on Friday before the first Sunday in August 1915, and G. B. Creekmore preach the introductory sermon and P.C. Cox alternate.
7. On motion the association have her minutes printed and have 500 copies and the Clerk be made Treasurer for the ensuing year and he superintend the printing and distribution of her minutes.
8. On motion and second the association call for report of finance committee which reported present contributions $13 10.
9. On motion and second the association continued correspondence with East Washington Association and chose Elder S. L. Casteel to write the letter and appointed Elders S. L. Casteel, J. S. Creekmore, and G. B. Creekmore and Frank Taff alternate to bear the same. Elected Concord Church, Franklin County, Ark., as the place for holding the next session of Salem Association, commencing on Friday before the fourth Sunday in August, 1915, and Elder U. S. Bolton preach the next introductory sermon and I. P. Moon alternate.
10. Motion and second the clerk record the acts of Committee on Divine Service.
11. On motion and second the association tender her thanks to the brethren and friends for their hospitality shown us during our stay with them.
12. On motion and second the association adjourn to the time and place above mentioned. Prayer by Elder S. L. Casteel.
Elder J. A. Bourland, Moderator.
Elder U. S. Bolton, Clerk.
Sunday Morning, August 23, 1914
A large and attentive congregation assembled at the stand where the services of the day were introduced by Elder U. S. Bolton from Dan. 2:44, followed by Elder P. C. Cox, closing with appropriate exhortion (sic) and singing one of the beautiful songs of Zion, giving each other the right hand of Christian love and fellowship with much rejoicing in the hope of a blissful immortality beyond the grave. Thus closing another hormonious (sic) session of Salem Association.
Report of Committee on Divine Service: — Appointed Elders - U. S. Bolton and P. C. Cox to preach Saturday night, Text Second Peter 3-9.
R. J. Wann, age 80, Magazine, Ark.
R. R. Rhodes, age 63, Alma, Ark.
U. S. Bolton, West Concord Church, Franklin Co. AR
J. S. Price, Oak Grove Church, Tulsa Co. OK
West Concord Church, Franklin Co. AR - G. B. Creekmore & S. L. Casteel, Moderators - John Summer, Clerk
Antioch Church, Franklin Co. AR - I. P. Moon, Moderator - J. D. Snow, Clerk
Mt. Zion Church, Franklin Co. AR - G. B. Creekmore, S. L. Casteel & J. A. Bourland, Moderators - H. C. Thomas, Clerk
New Hope Church, Crawford Co. AR - G. B. Creekmore & R. R. Rhodes, Moderators - D. F. Taff, Clerk
Siloam Church, Crawford Co. AR - S. L. Casteel & G. B. Creekmore, Moderators - D. D. Wilson, Clerk
Fairview Church, Logan Co. AR - I. P. Moon, Moderator - J. W. Thomas, Clerk
Macedonia Church, Sebastian Co. AR - J. E. Usulton, Moderator - C. M. Thornton, Clerk
New Bethel Church, Sebastian Co. AR - W. M. Mathews, Moderator - J. R. Wilkerson, Clerk
Oak Grove Church, Tulsa Co. OK - U. S. Bolton & P. C. Cox, Moderators - C. L. Stockstill, Clerk
New Zion Church, Wagoner Co. OK - U. S. Bolton & P. C. Cox, Moderators - A. C. McKenzie, Clerk
Resource: Minutes of the 72nd Session of the Salem Association of Regular Baptists, Salem Assoc., U. S. Bolton, Printing Superintendent, Coweta OK (Aug. 1914), S.W. Smith, Tulsa OK, custodian.
Content © 2008 · S.W. Smith Family
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids