(Abt 1591-Abt 1683)
- Born: Abt 1591, England
- Married: 27 Nov 1634, Plymouth, Plymouth Co., MA 1 2 3
- Died: Abt 1683, Barnstable, Barnstable Co., MA
He removed in 1639 to Barnstable, and is said by Savage to have there died without children.
In January 1634/35 a servant of Nicholas Snow said that he was willing to serve out the time of his indenture with John Cooper (PCR 1:33). Cooper later moved to Scituate, and sometime between September 1634 and 1637 "Goodman Cooper" acquired John Hewes's house in Scituate (NEHGR 10:42). On 1 January 1637/38 John Cooper was one of a group of men at Scituate who complained about not having enough land to subsist on, and the Court of Assistants granted them additional land between the North and South Rivers (PCR 1:72). He was chosen a constable of Barnstable in 1639/40 (PCR 1:141, 155) and became a deputy there in 1642 and 1643 (PCR 2:46, 57).
1. Residence; 1634-1639; Scituate, Plymouth Co., MA.
2. Will; 28 Dec 1676. He dated his will 28 December 1676, sworn 25 February 1683/84, and he named his loving wife Priscilla, the children of his sister Alice Bradford, and the surviving children of his sister Lydia Morton (Ply. Colony PR 4:2:59).
3. Residence; 1639-abt 1683; Barnstable, Barnstable Co., MA.
John married Priscilla CARPENTER, daughter of Alexander CARPENTER and Priscilla DILLEN, on 27 Nov 1634 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co., MA 1 2 3. (Priscilla CARPENTER was born in 1597 in England 2, baptized on 3 Sep 1598 in St. James, Bath, Somerset, England and died on 29 Dec 1689 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co., MA 1 2.)
Plymouth Colony: Its History and People 1620-1691, Stratton, Eugene Aubrey, FASG, Plymouth Colony: Its History and People 1620-1691, (Salt Lake City, UT: Ancestry Incorporated, 1986). , Part Three: Biographical Sketches.
Genealogical Register of Plymouth Families, Davis, William T., Genealogical Register of Plymouth Families, (Boston, MA: Damrell & Upham, 1899). , Pg. 70.
The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Robert Charles Anderson, (Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995).