80. Timothy Bunce born 1805, Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut, married 1825, in Honeyville, Jefferson Co., New York, Lovina Oatman, dau. of Elijah and Polly (Horth) Oatman. Timothy died 28 Nov 1848, Honeyville, Jefferson Co., New York. Helen (Bunce) McDonald’s Notes: “On 31 Mar 1849 Lovina Bunce of town of Adams petitioned for Letters of Administration of Timothy Bunce who died 28 Nov 1848 of natural causes. Lovina married second Alonzo Green of Adams on 18 Oct 1849 (per Green Genealogy and according to 1850 census). In 1829, Lovina was received into membership of First Baptist Church of Honeyville, N.Y. Listed as heirs of Timothy Bunce on land deeds presented later are William Bunce of Adams Center and Mrs. James (Emeline Bunce) Hannahs. By Alonzo Green’s first marriage he had children: Alzina, b. 1841 Eveline, b. 1836, and Racey Ellen, b. 1843. Child of Lovina and Alonzo Green was: Libby L., b. 13 Mar 1851, who m. 2 Sep 1876 Charles A. Curry.”
Children of Timothy and Lovina (Oatman) Bunce:
81. Charles Edwin Bunce born 6 Aug 1851, married 8 Jun 1882, in East Woodstock, Windham Co., Connecticut, Ina Ann Chaffee, dau. of Peter and Harriet (Abbott) Chaffee. Charles died 15 Apr 1918, Manchester, Hartford Co., Connecticut, and was buried in the West Cemetery in Manchester. Charles Edwin was a prosperous farmer in the Manchester area. Their children were:
Myrtle (or Myrtis) Alice Bunce born 15 Apr 1883, Manchester, Hartford Co., Connecticut, died 30 Jul 1883, Manchester, Hartford Co., Connecticut.
_____ Bunce born 19 Apr 1884, Manchester, died 19 Apr 1884, Manchester.
Gertrude M. Bunce born 29 May 1885, Manchester, married 13 Dec 1905, Aidwin D. Frink.
Edwin Chaffee Bunce born 15 Aug 1887, Manchester, married Olive Loomis. Edwin died 8 Jun 1974.
Zella Lillian Bunce born 5 Aug 1889, Manchester, married Thomas D. Faulkner. Zella died 25 Dec 1971, West Hartford, Hartford Co., Connecticut.
Rena Emma Bunce, born 5 Feb 1891, Manchester, married George Spiess. Rena died on 23 Mar 1983, at Winnetka, Illinois.
Florence Eva Bunce, born 15 Sep 1893, Manchester, married Willard Horton. Florence died on 1 Jul 1994, at Norwalk, Connecticut.
Louis Charles Bunce, born 19 Jul 1897, Manchester, married Ruth Tracy. Louis died on 26 Aug 1974, Manchester, Hartford Co., Connecticut.
Lawrance F. Bunce born 10 Mar 1902, Manchester, married Esther Buck. Lawrance died in July, 1976, buried Manchester, Connecticut.
82. Edward J. Bunce born 17 May 1821, Connecticut, was a merchant for 20 years in Wakeman, Ohio, married Olive Hall. He also held the offices of justice of the peace and postmaster for a number of years. Edward died 8 May 1873, Wakeman, Huron Co., Ohio. Their children were:
Celestia Bunce married William Mardoff. Celestia died in 1877.
Euginia Bunce married William Gessner. Per History of Wakeman Township, Huron Co., Ohio, Euginia and family moved to Olathe, Johnson Co., Kansas.
Alida Bunce died 1880.
Julia Bunce married Mr. _____ Hunter. Per History of Wakeman Township, Huron Co., Ohio, Julia Bunce and family moved to Los Angeles, California.
Bessie Bunce married Mr. _____ Combs. Per History of Wakeman Township, Huron Co., Ohio, Bessie Bunce and family moved to Napa, California.
83. Mary Jane Bunce, born 23 Jan 1823, married 4 Oct 1842, Lucius Swift Hall, who was born 25 Mar 1821, son of Ruben and Betsey (Coe) Hall, who died 24 Jul 1897, Wakeman, Huron Co., Ohio. Mary died 16 Jul 1896, Wakeman, Huron Co., Ohio. Per History of Wakeman, Ohio, Lucius S. Hall came to Wakeman, Ohio in 1836 from Brimfield, Hampden Co., Massachusetts. Their children were:
Adelia N. Hall born 11 Feb 1845, married 16 Mar 1866, Charles Minor. Adelia died 31 Mar 1904, Wakeman, Huron Co., Ohio.
William Bradbury Hall died 15 May 1929, Wakeman, Huron Co., Ohio.
84. Nathaniel Bunce born 8 May 1829, married Catherine Bristol, a native of Sussex, New Jersey, on 3 Jul 1852 at Marshalltown, Marshall Co., Iowa. Nathaniel died 25 Oct 1903, California. Per History of Wakeman, Ohio, Nathaniel Bunce, son of Rufus and Mary (Booth) Bunce, became a physician, graduated from Western Reserve College in Cleveland, Ohio. The name of Nathaniel L. Bunce is in the county history, History of Marshall County, Iowa, published by The Western Historical Company, Chicago, 1878, p. 551, which also says he gave up practicing medicine and went into business selling drugs and goods, and then got into the cultivation of grapes and small fruits. Their child:
Josephine Bunce died 1903, was killed by a streetcar in Detroit, Michigan.
85. William Bunce born after 1823, Connecticut, married Ellen Conant of Rochester, Lorain Co., Ohio. William died in 1892, Oberlin Lorain Co., Ohio. Per History of Wakeman, Ohio, William Bunce became a physician and practiced in Clarksfield, Huron Co., Ohio and moved to Oberlin Lorain Co., Ohio, “where he became one of the most skillful physicians in this part of country.” Their child was:
William Bunce, Jr. Per History of Wakeman Township, Huron Co., Ohio, William Bunce, Jr. was also a physician, and resided in Oberlin, Lorain Co., Ohio and Medina, Medina Co., Ohio. On a website entitled Chapin, Locke, Staver, Fox there is a record of the family of Dr. William C. Bunce and his wife Alice E. Carruthers of Oberlin, Lorain Co., Ohio, which may be the family of William Bunce, Jr. recorded here.
Lynn P. Hubbard.
87. Fanny Ward Peck born 14 Oct 1863, New Haven, Connecticut, married 11 Sep 1889, in New Haven, Connecticut, George Redfield Clark, born 14 May 1860, Peru, Clinton Co., New York, son of Luther Drury and Elsie Maria (Hawks) Clarke, died 23 Oct 1928, Detroit, Wayne Co., Michigan. Fanny died 7 Dec 1906, Bayonne, Hudson Co., New Jersey. George Redfield Clarke was an actor, and performed on Broadway. Their children were:
Harold Redfield Clarke, born 22 Jul 1890, New Haven, Connecticut, died 14 Sep 1894, New York.
Frederick Eugene Clark,e born 2 Dec 1891, New York City, New York, married 27 Mar 1920, in Medford, Middlesex Co., Massachusetts, Mildred Louise May Cumming, born 8 May 1892, Springfield, Hampden Co., Massachusetts, dau. of Charles William and Margaret Howell (May) Cumming, who died 25 Jul 1978, Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, and was buried 27 Jul 1978, at Brookside Cemetery, Easthampton, Mass. Frederick died 25 Feb 1983, New York. From obit, Frederick Eugene Clarke died at age 91 at Northampton Nursing Home. “Born in New York City Dec. 2, 1891, he was the son of the late G. Redfield and Fanny W. (Peck) Clarke. . . . He was an automobile salesman for many years in the New England area. During WWII he was employed by the General Electric Co. as a draftsman. . . . survived by [twin daughters]; a sister Jessie Baxter of . . . , 5 grandchildren, and 2 g.grandchildren.”
Jessie Redfield Clarke, still living — details excluded
Louisa Eusebia Tarbell born 14 Jan 1834, died 8 May 1862.
91. Lydia Sophia Tarbell, born 2 Sep 1837.
Horace Edward Tarbell, born 25 May 1846, died 1 Feb 1848.
Charles Bunce Tarbell, born 15 Jun 1851.
Mary Emeline Bunce, born 24 Nov 1866, Middletown, Connecticut, married Percy Norton Evans, born 6 Sep 1869, Montreal, Canada. Dr. Percy N. Evans had a Ph.D in chemistry and served as head of the Dept. of Chemistry at Purdue University. He had three children by Mary Emeline Bunce, born between 1900-1903, at West Lafayette, Indiana, and all graduated from Purdue University in the 1920s.
Grace Hubbard Bunce, born 1872, married William Paulding.
James Hough Bunce, Jr., born 1875.
Richard Hubbard Bunce, born 1881, married Mabel Louise Pillsbury.
90. Zebe Buell Bunce, born 16 May 1847, Adams Center, Jefferson, New York, married 8 Nov 1868, in Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York, Frances Wilder, dau. of Frank and Mary (Moulton) Wilder. Zebe died 3 Jun 1922, Burrville, Jefferson Co., New York. Their children were:
Clinton W. Bunce born about 1872, Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York, married Myrtle E. _____. Clinton died 1901, Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York.
92. Vernon Wilder Bunce, born 3 Jul 1879.
Olive Harriet Carey, born 23 Nov 1861.
Laura Matilda Carey, born 20 Feb 1864, died 25 Jun 1889.
Lydia Tarbell Carey, born 13 Apr 1867.
Florence Martha Carey, born 5 Jul 1874.
92. Vernon Wilder Bunce born 3 Jul 1879, Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York, married 5 Aug 1897, in Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York, to Rena Glass. Vernon died 6 May 1936, Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York. Their children were:
Children by Beatrice Walton:
Donald Bunce, born 23 Mar 1922, Adams, Jefferson Co., New York, died 8 Jan 1996, Sun City, Arizona.
94. Karl Maurice Bunce, born 4 Jul 1909, Adams Center, Jefferson Co., New York, married Helen Louine Finney, dau. of George Finney and Maria (Comins) Finney, who died 24 Feb 1996, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York. Karl died 27 Feb 1996, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York. Their children were:
Jack Eugene Bunce, born 7 Jun 1931, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York, died 27 Feb 1998, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York.
Theodore George Bunce, born 15 Mar 1938, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York, died 16 Mar 1938, Watertown, Jefferson Co., New York.
___ _____ Bunce. still living — details excluded
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids