BECK Family Genealogical Research
(by Ron Bauerle)
My grandparents, Almond and Dorothy (Beck) Cressman
Welcome to my BECK family page. I am descended from Johan Hendrick (1692-1766)
and Anna Maria Beck who came from Germany in 1740 on the ship "Lydia". Along
with them were a Johannes Wilhelm and Johan Jacob Beck, presumably their sons.
They settled in
Northampton Co, PA;
my branches of the family ended up in
Westmoreland Co, PA,
Holmes Co, OH, and
Clinton Co, MI.
Note that another Northampton Co. Beck family was descended from Johan George,
who came over in 1752 on the ship "Richard and Mary" in 1752 according to
this post on the Beck mailing list - I don't know how or if they're related.
If you have any problems accessing anything, or any additions/corrections,
let me know at
email@example.com. Happy hunting!
Contents of this page:
- A list of my Beck ancestors and their spouses
- A timeline of my Beck ancestors and their spouses
- My Beck Descendants List (warning: big file! (120k))
with living persons info deleted per my
- A nice write-up from the Beck list about the problems
researching Johan Hendrick's family.
- A transcription of "The Beck Family in America"
by William M. Beck, 1940 as posted to the BECK-L Rootsweb list by list owner
Tom Nagy (you can also get it by searching the 1998 archives as shown below
for "chapter"). Another big file (70k).
- The trouble my g6gf William Beck got into
during the Revolutionary War.
- Articles on the Beck family and mill in Holmes County, OH:
- A picture of Beck's Mills from the 1875 Holmes Co, OH atlas.
- An excerpt from "The Silent Streams" by Harry
Logsdon, 1950? which had a picture of Beck's mill.
- Undated newspaper article by W.E. Farver
- Excerpt from "History of Villages - People -
Places in Eastern Holmes County" by Clarence Troyer, 1975 which had a
different picture of the mill and an
aerial picture of Beck's Mills (I don't believe
the caption that it was in 1846 since aerial photography didn't exist then).
- Article from the 1/21/1988 "Holmes County Farmer-Hub"
by Lucille Lowe
which had a different aerial picture
of Beck's Mills before 1940
- Pictures of the Beck's Mills store and a
greenhouse sign from 1990 (hope they've fixed
the letter on the store...)
- My g4gf Michael Beck's will.
- Some biographical information on my g2gf John Beck
and pictures of him and his wife,
my g2gm Mary Jane Aultman
- Some biographical information on
my great-grandfather Frank Beck
who founded Uncle John's Cider Mill in Clinton Co, MI.
- Biographical sketch and
obituary of my grandmother Dorothy Beck
and her Christmas 1933 wedding and WWII memories.
- Gravestone pictures:
- (Possibly) my g6-grandparents, Johan William Beck, and
Anna Eva (Eshbach) Beck, Petersville, Northampton Co, PA.
The dates on both stones match theirs.
- My g5-grandparents, Leonard & Susanna (Dieter) Beck, Seanor's Cem., Westmoreland Co, PA
- My g4-grandparents, Michael Beck, New Bedford (Zion) Cem., Coshocton Co, OH
(the location of the grave of his wife Catherine (Long) is unknown).
- My g3-grandparents, Daniel & Sarah (Fair) Beck, Farmerstown Mennonite Cem, Holmes Co, OH
- My g2-grandparents, John & Mary Jane (Aultman) Beck, Eureka Cem., Eureka, MI
- My great-grandparents, Frank & Edna (Crom) Beck, Eureka Cem., Eureka, MI
- My grandparents, Almond B & Dorothy Marie (Beck) Cressman, Mt. Rest Cem., St. Johns, MI
- Subscribe to the
Rootsweb Beck mailing list. If that link doesn't work for you, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and type "subscribe" only in the subject and body of your message.
- To just search the Rootsweb Beck mailing list, go
Suggest you search for specific locations or related surnames...
- Other Beck links:
Back to my genealogy home page
5/29/00 Created and uploaded to
6/11/00 Added Silent Streams
, and Lucille Lowe
6/24/00 Added Beck timeline
7/15/00 Added Beck Ancestors list
7/26/00 Revised Beck Descendants list
12/9/00 Added Michael's will
the Troyer article
my grandmother's information
and the gravestone pictures
Copyright © 2000 by Ronald D. Bauerle. The material published on this
site may not be reproduced for commercial purposes. Genealogical researchers
are free to use this material for reference and research purposes. All other