HOW ABOUT YOU?
Would you like your own photo page on ATPC? We can help you make it happen!
Personal ancestral photo pages on ATPC are provided as service to our community members. It is another means to create additional exposure of your family surnames. Photo pages take up substantial storage space and is not the primary focus of our community. Therefore, we limit the size to a single page per family.
If you are interested in displaying a substantial amount of your family photos, there are many other resources available on the internet for this purpose. Ancient Faces is one of the nicer genealogy related sites for this. We recommend having your own single page on ATPC and include a link the site you have chosen to house the bulk of your family photos.
The following are requirements for establishing a personal photo page on ATPC:
Your oldest dated photo will be automatically added to the "Ancestors, My Oldest Snapshot" page.
- You need be a Polish descendant and have made a contribution to the content of our site.
- You personal page needs to include a profile of your parents and grandparents for the awareness of our viewers.
- Photos and family information may not include "living" individuals without their permission.
- Your photo page will be limited to a single page of up to ten (10) photos. Photos should include date and location whenever known. And, the individuals present in the photo. Comments about the photo are encouraged but not necessary.
When you contribute content to the ATPC website in any form, you are a member of our community. Making a contribution is very easy. It can be as simple as adding a useful resource link to one of our resource pages, posting of your surnames, sharing an article or other content to our website.
Once you have established yourself as an community member, simple let us know that you would like to a personal family photo page. The layout and editing will be done for you. All you need to provide is digital files of the photos you want to present along with a written introduction to your photos. Your page will be posted. You can then make changes or up dates when necessary by notifying us.
INSTRUCTIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
1. Do not include living persons in your presentation without their permission. Some may consider this an invasion of their privacy.
2. Provide us with a digital file.
Scan your photos to get a digital image. A scan resolution of 300 dpi or higher is acceptable.
We recommend that you scan in color to establish a digital file for yourself, we can convert your photos from color to gray tones for the presentation.
Email your digital files to the forum host or use the email box on this page. (zip files are preferred to reduce download time)
Your photos can be whatever you want, family members, a favorite pet, buildings (homestead, schools, churches, automobile, etc.). All we ask is the images follow our focus which is memorabilia and not contemporary images.
3. You will be totally responsible for the content of your presentation. ATPC accepts no liability, legal or otherwise for photo content.
IT'S OUR MEMORIES
It is through our memories that our love ones live on in the present. And, photos help to stimulate our memories. It is important to preserve your old photos now before it is too late. Digitize them using a scanner and their current quality will be maintained for future generations to enjoy and remember. In many cases, an old photo can be enhanced by using one of the popular imaging software.
Like What You See?
Join our forum and help promote our site by encouraging your family and friends to visit us.
ANCESTORS, MY OLDEST SNAPSHOT
Even if you don't want your own personal photo page, why not add your oldest photo to our collection as a memorial to your family.