Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Antigo, Wisconsin Genealogy Gopher
City of Antigo and Langlade County, Wisconsin Genealogical Research Sources

Home > School Class Lists > Antigo High School Graduates

face looking over break line

Antigo High School Graduates
City of Antigo, Langlade County, Wisconsin

Primary Source: The Antigo Daily Journal & Shoppers Guide;
Secondary Source: Dessureau's "History of Langlade County...";
Tertiary Sources: The Weekly News Item, and Class Yearbooks.

Caution
It should be noted that there are differences between the names listed as candidates for graduation in the newspapers and Class Yearbook for the same year. Newspaper lists and Class Yearbooks are NOT official school district records. So, be aware the following lists contain names of people who did not actually graduate and might be missing names of people who actually did graduate! Only official school district records can verify graduation. These lists are only for genealogical research and may not be used for employment screening or any other FCRA permissible purpose. It is illegal to do so and civil fines and penalties may be imposed for violation of this law as well as personal lawsuits.

Antigo School District Web Site

YEAR LINKS
The approximate number of graduating students is in parentheses.
2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
(215)
2012
(225)
2011
(270)
2010
(281)
2009
(243)
2008
(261)
2007
(270)
2006
(256)
2005
(280)
2004
(295)
2003
(248)
2002
(311)
2001
(264)
2000
(241)
1999
(276)
1998
(229)
1997
(238)
1996
(245)
1995
(253)
1994
(268)
1993
(245)
1992
(224)
1991
(213)
1990
(238)
antigo high school 1994
A history of the struggle to build the newest high school building can be found in the May 17, 1994 School Dedication Supplement to the Antigo Daily Journal. The 1995 graduating class was the first class to graduate from the fifth high school building which is located at the northeast corner of Western Ave. and Tenth Ave.
1989
(252)
1988
(281)
1987
(263)
1986
(281)
1985
(299)
1984
(320)
1983
(284)
1982
(355)
1981
(331)
1980
(267)
1979
(332)
1978
(382)
1977
(346)
1976
(355)
1975
(354)
1974
(324)
1973
(362)
1972
(345)
1971
(330)
1970
(361)
1969
(374)
1968
(378)
1967
(376)
1966
(340)
1965
(368)
1964
(324)
1963
(268)
1962
(242)
1961
(280)
1960
(235)
1959
(199)
1958
(220)
1957
(212)
1956
(236)
1955
(220)
1954
(200)
1953
(200)
1952
(191)
1951
(185)
1950
(183)
1949
(205)
1948
(202)
1947
(222)
1946
(216)
1945
(199)
1944
(202)
1943
(219)
1942
(222)
1941
(266)
1940
(248)
1939
(239)
1938
(206)
1937
(196)
1936
(174)
1935
(192)
1934
(163)
1933
(142)
1932
(170)
1931
(135)
1930
(139)
1929
(124)
1928
(137)
1927
(153)
1926
(130)
1925
(115)
1924
(105)
1923
(113)
1922
(95)
1921
(86)
1920
(81)
antigo high school 1916
The fourth high school building was first used in the spring of 1917.
1919
(68)
1918
(47)
1917
(48)
1916
(49)
1915
(55)
1914
(42)
1913
(61)
1912
(54)
1911
(50)
1910
(58)
antigo high school 1890

The third high school building was constructed in 1890 on city block 63 which is located between Clermont & Edison Streets and Seventh & Eighth Avenues.
after fire 1916

A fire on January 6, 1916 completely destroyed the 1890 high school building. All school district records were destroyed by the fire. On May 16, 1916 bids were opened for construction of a new building with a price tag of $96,000. The corner stone was laid in July 1916 on the same city block 63.
1909
(42)
1908
(35)
1907
(46)
1906
(28)
1905
(19)
1904
(19)
1903
(13)
1902
(30)
1901
(9)
1900
(15)
1899
(16)
1898
(12)
1897
(14)
1896
(7)
1895
(4)
1894
(6)
1893
(4)
1892
(3)
1891
(5)
1890
(3)
box school
No actual photograph found

In 1884 the second high school building was constructed with green lumber in six weeks time at the southeast corner of Clermont St. and Second Ave. Later the Second Ward School would be built at this location. It was a two story frame building and because of its shape it was known as the "Dry Goods Box." In the 1937 High School Graduate it was described as "a poor one, unfinished, not in the least comfortable." It was used for five years.
1889
(5)
1888
(1)
1887
(6)
1886
(9)
1885
(1)
The largest graduating class was in 1978 with 382 graduates. The smallest graduating classes were in 1885 and 1888 with only one graduate each.
antigo high school 1883
In October 1883 the first high school was established as a department within the grade school. Classes were conducted in a frame building located at the northwest corner of Seventh Avenue and Superior Street which is the same location as the Langlade County Historical Museum today. There were forty-one students registered. Twelve students passed the required state test. In 1884 more than 25 passed. Twenty-five was the magic number to get state recognition status as a "free high school ." Antigo High School then began with a three-year curriculum and secured $300 in state aid. It changed to a four-year curriculum starting in 1888.

face looking over break line

table of contents
Web Site TOC
send email
E-mail the Webmaster
Last Updated:

All Rights Reserved.