Ancestors of James Epps Woodall
This page is dedicated James Epps Woodall and all his ancestors.
James Epps Woodall married Annie Cunningham whose son James Woodall married Lilian Greatorex.
James Epps Woodall's birth certificate states James Epps Woodall (blacksmith's stoker) as father. I believe this is actually James Epps who in 1881 was living at 2 New York Terrace, Humber Bank, Hull and working as a blacksmith with his elder brother Geroge Henry.
Matthew Woodall married Harriet N. Wilkinson 1865, St Peter, Drypool
Matthew and Harriet Woodall had 4 children between 1866 and 1874 then there was an eleven year gap to James Epps and Robert. It is possible that either Matthew Woodall passed away or they drifted apart during this "gap".
There is a Matthew Woodall, born Hull aged 39 (i.e. born 1842) listed in the 1881 census as boatswain on the vessel Rhine; other than that I still cannot find Matthew, Harriet, John Gaffney Woodall in the 1881 census. It is believed Matthew Woodall, who was a fisherman, was lost at sea (date unknown).
Harriet Wilkinson and her descendents kindly provided by Leslie Nutbrown of Sherbroke, Quebec. He has traced the Nutbrown family back to the 1670s (see his tree at World Connect).
James F. Epps and his descendents provided by Louis R. Mills (The Frisby & Appleton Lines on World Connect).
George Epps (born 1818) was the captain of the South Sand Head Light Ship according to the 1881 census.The following is an illustration of HMS Kent passing the South Sand Light Ship.
- 1914 - Harriet North Wilkinson passes away in Hull
- 1897 - James North Wilkinson passes away in Winchester, Hampshire
- 1885 - James Epps Woodall born in Hull
- 1877 - Samual Appleton passes away in Thanet, Kent
- 1875 - George Henry Epps, his wife Fanny and James F. Epps move from Kent to Hull
- 1874 - Maria Hannah Nutbrown passes away in Hull
- 1874 - John Gaffney Woodall born (father = Matthew Woodall)
- 1868 - Robert Nutbrown passes away in Howden
- 1865 - Matthew Woodall marries Harriet North Wilkinson in Hull
- 1852 - James F. Epps born in Ramsgate, Kent
- 1847 - Harriet North Wilkinsin born in Howden (near Hull)
- 1844 - James North Wilkinson marries Maria Hannah Nutbrown
- 1844 - George Epps marries Hannah Fletcher Appleton in Thanet, Kent
- 1842 - Mary Elener passes away in Preston, Kent
- 1837 - Matthew Woodall born in Hull
- 1831 - James Appleton passes away in Kent
- 1823 - James North Wilkinson born in Hull
- 1820 - Robert Nutbrown marries Mary Abby
- 1818 - George Epps born in St Peter, Thanet, Kent
- 1817 - Hannah Fletcher Appleton born in Thanet, Kent
- 1816 - Mark Nutbrown passes away in Howden
- 1816 - Samual Appleton marries Ann Fletcher in St George, Gravesend, Kent
- 1811 - David Wilkinson marries Harriot North, Sculcoates.
- 1802 - John Nutbrown passes away in Howden
- 1800 - Robert Nutbrown born in Howden
- 1797 - Mary Abby born in Howden
- 1796 - Mark Nutbrown marries Sarah Cross
- 1796 - Anna Beare passes away in Elmstone, Kent
- 1794 - Ann Fletcher born in Orsett, Essex
- 1792 - Samual Appleton born in Preston by Wingham, Kent
- 1788 - Harriot North born in Sutton, Hull
- 1775 - Mark Nutbrown born in Howden
- 1771 - Sarah Cross born
- 1770 - James Appleton marries Mary Elener in Adisham, Kent
- 1762 - John Nutbrown marries Rebecca Hodgson in Howden
- 1762 - James Appleton passes away in Elmstone, Kent
- 1752 - Mary Elener born in Adisham, Kent
- 1751 - Edward Elener marries Elizabeth Thallcraft in Adisham, Kent
- 1746 - James Appleton born in Ash, Kent
- 1740 - Rebecca Hodgson born
- 1738 - James Appleton marries Anna Beare
- 1736 - John Nutbrown born in Howden
- 1734 - Mark Nutbrown passes away in Howden
- 1721 - Elizabeth Todd passes away in Howden
- 1709 - Elizabeth Stevenson passes away in Yorkshire
- 1705 - John Nutbrown born in Howden
- 1704 - Anna Beare born in Kent
- 1702 - Mark Nutbrown marries Elizabeth Todd
- 1698 - John Nutbrown passes away in Howden
- 1682 - Mark Nutbrown born
- 1670 - John Nutbrown marries Elizabeth Stevenson
- Birth certificate for John Gaffney Woodall (half brother of James Epps Woodall), (have copy).
- World Connect databases submitted by Leslie Nutbrown and Louis R. Mills.
- Also, many thanks to Martin Gillies, a distant relative from Hull, for providing some of the Woodall information.
To Do list
- Confirm that James F. Epps is indeed the father of James Epps Woodall (not sure how this can be done). Is he also the father of Robert William Woodall (born 1 year after James Epps Woodall)?
- What happened to Matthew Woodall?
This page belongs to andy coates who can be contacted @ hotmail as "andycoates99".
Filename: woodall.html, last modified: 15 Aug 2005.