Millican, Milligan, Millikan, Milliken, Millikin, Mullican, Mulliken, Mullikin etc.
The Parish of Blaris or Lisburn
The parish of Blaris or Lisburn is bounded by the parishes of Derryaghy, Magheragall and Magheramesk in County Antrim, and extends across the river Lagan into County Down, where the parish of Lambeg bounds it on the north, Drumbeg on the east and Hillsborough on the south. It consisted of 26 townlands; nine of these were in the barony of Lower Iveagh in County Down, and were the property of the Marquis of Downshire. The first church in Lisburn was called St. Thomas of Lisnagarvey, taking its name from the town of Lisnagarvey, first built by Sir Fulke Conway, an officer in the English Army, who received a patent in 1609 for territory of Killultagh.
In time, Lisnagarvey was renamed Lisburn and became the seat of the Bishop of Conner with Christ Church his Cathedral. The diocese covered the whole of County Antrim. The records of St. Thomas of Lisnagarvey and Christ Church Cathedral, preserve some of the oldest baptismal and marriage records relating to the Mullikins and Mulligans in the north of Ireland. The Presbyterian Church of Lisburn also has early baptismal, marriage and session records dating from 1688.
St. Thomas of Lisnagarvey, Church of Ireland, 1637-1646
November 19, 1646
Baptism of James Mulligan son of Robert Mulligan.
[Refausse, Raymond: Register of the Church of St. Thomas, Lisnagarvey, p. 27]